Newly Created Opportunity
Job Title: Sales, Marketing & Events Manager
Reports To: CEO/Executive Director, Main St. Muskogee, Inc.
Location: Downtown Muskogee
Position Type: Full-time w/Benefits
Weekday Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM (Monday through Friday)
Weekends: On Occasion as Needed
Travel Required: On Occasion (mileage reimbursed for out of town travel)
Compensation: Based on Experience
$14.42 - $19.23/hr. + Commission Plan
Apply By: March 31, 2018 or until position is filled
Job Description: The position will oversee the many of the sales, marketing and event initiatives undertaken by Main Street Muskogee. From sales of printed products, contests, promotions, ticketing and other to be determined products, this person must be willing to step in and kick it into high gear. Additionally, this person will oversee multiple events and activities that not only generate revenue, but also drive traffic to downtown Muskogee.
Required Education, Skills & Proficiencies:
- The ability to work well and achieve with others
- Ability to express themselves in a professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively with corporate mid-level as well as upper-level management and local business owners
- Skilled in word processing and spreadsheets utilizing MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint Understanding of email list building and marketing a plus
- Ability to work well in fast-paced & exciting environment and meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to work well with many media products which may include; print, digital, social and website initiatives. Knowledge of Second-Street Media products is a plus
- Background in media, sales, marketing and events is plus
- Driven by the motivation to succeed and make a difference in their community
- This person must understand the true nature of innovation and change, must be driven by exceeding norms and creating a new path to success
Physical Requirements: The ability to lift 20 pounds, sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
Main Street Muskogee, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. MSM is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.